Briefly About Me
Welcome to my website. My name is Nelson Kok. I am a Freelance Consultant Trainer and a Blended Learning Coach. I am based in Penang, Malaysia. Here is a brief description to introduce myself.
- Name: Nelson Kok, Malaysian Chinese, Male, Age 55
- Qualifications/ Job Designation: MBA, B.Sc(Hon), Certified Consultant Trainer, Blended Learning Coach.
- Work Experience: 31 years (incl. 25 years in Training & Development)
- International Exposures: Serving clients in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Sudan.
- Areas of Expertise: Leadership, Intercultural Communications, Personality ID Profiling & Executives Team Building Skills, Quality Management, Statistics, Coaching, Supervisory Development and Soft-Skills trainings.
- Strengths: SPECIFIC & FOCUSED — I can design & customize training programs to fit your organization’s unique needs. CROSS-CULTURAL & COST-EFFECTIVE — I can assist (or co-partnership with your organization) to deploy training projects more cost-effectively and faster across South-East-Asia regions. INDEPENDENT & FLEXIBLE — I am independent, I can travel, free & flexible to work with all organizations and levels of management, free to establish business collaborations, no conflict of interests.
- Value-Added Services: Besides Consulting and Coaching works, I also provide three types of learning courses: Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses, Online Learning (eLearning) courses and Blended Learning (B-L) courses.
Click on the button below to view my detailed resume.
- Click on the small circle to scroll image, large circle to enlarge it and click outside the image to close it.
My Value-Added Services
My passion and area of specialization is in Learning & Development (L&D).
My mission is to assist your employees and organization to achieve higher productivity, quality, and effectiveness through training.
There are three (3) types of training methods you can choose to empower your employees’ learning and development:
1). INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING (ILT) METHOD
This is the traditional and most common training method – – using an instructor to lead the participants in learning, practicing specific skill-sets and provide real-time feedbacks. This method has the following benefits:
- Maximizes Engagement, Encourages Participation, Lively Interactions, Fun, Enrich Experiences.
- Improves Teamwork, Improves Communication and Discipline – – Participants meet, learn, collaborate and do things together as a team. It improves communication skills, enforces discipline at the same time allows participants to enjoy success through ‘sweating it out’ together.
For Instructor-Led Training (ILT) programs, I have created a separate website ( http://www.mytrainingprovider.com ) to provide you with more detailed information on the courses available. Please click on the hyperlink to visit the website.
If your company is looking for a professional trainer to train your employees on various training courses, please contact me.
2). E-LEARNING METHOD
This is online learning method. Every employee can learn online anytime, anywhere without the physical presence of a training instructor. This method has the following benefits:
- ’24 x 7′ Access To Training Resources, Personalized Training Experience – – Employees can learn ’24×7′ at their own convenience, own pace and not constraint by their working hours. This is very attractive especially for workers who are always ‘busy’ at the workplace and have ‘no time’ for training. Every learner has different learning capabilities, preferences and different pace in terms of grasping the information. In eLearning, they can choose their own specific learning path, pace or specific topic areas as they deem right.
- Cross-Platform, Collaborative Learning, Cost-effective – – Online learning platforms offer a variety of powerful communication tools (email, websites, instant messaging, videos, online grading tool, online discussions, forums, drop boxes, etc). All of these tools offer great flexibility in terms of ensuring timely communication and it is cost-effective. Your employees will most probably learn most from other participants, besides from the Instructor.
- Easy, Fast Reporting, Tracking Learners’ Skill and Performance Development – – eLearning method makes data tracking, providing feedback/evaluation/comments a lot more convenient and quick. It facilitates and simplified corporate training feedback. Managers can track their own subordinates’ learning performance and use this opportunity to determine which training programs are more effective and the ones which need improvisation or modification to fully meet the objectives (training needs) or performance goals.
I have created another separate website ( http://www.myelearningprovider.com ) to provide your employees the opportunity to learn online. Do check out this website. This website is still in the work-in-progress stage, as more and more eLearning courses will be added to it in due time.
If your company wants to include eLearning as part of a lifelong learning program for your employees who are always busy at work and have no time for training, please contact me. I can customize training online courses to suit your company’s training needs and host it online for your company.
3). BLENDED LEARNING METHOD
Basically, Blended Learning (B-L) method is a combination of both Instructor-Led Training (ILT) and e-Learning method. It has all the benefits of both ILT and e-Learning mentioned above.
Blended Learning (B-L) = Instructor-Led Training (ILT) + eLearning.
Realizing the importance and tremendous benefits of Blended Learning (B-L) , many organizations nowaday want to provide their employees with the best of both world. They also want to convert their in-house existing training courses into Blended Learning (B-L) courses.
If your company has similar need, please contact me. I can coach and train your internal trainer to build elearning courses and host it for you. I can also assist your company to develop your own specialized Blended Learning courses.
For more information on Blended-Learning, please visit my other website ( http://blendedlearningcoach.com ) . Find out how you can specially structured your B-L courses to give your employees the best learning outcomes, and our value-added services to assist you to create maximum Blended Learning impact for your organization.
Specially Customized Training Programs
“Customized Training programs can better fit, support and align with your organization’s culture and strategies.”
I had provided many training services to many clients. Some of my clients are listed above. Today, many organizations prefer custom-made or special-built training program rather than to ‘shop for a off-the-shelf’ training program.
The advantages of Customized Training programs are:
- It is designed and developed based on a detailed assessment of the learning and development needs of the participant with attention to the company’s culture and strategic plan. It provides a better ‘fit’ to the company’s mission and it is more cost-effective.
- The Trainer work jointly with the organization’s subject-matter experts to create a more specific and on-target instructions, thus making Customized Training program more relevant and specific for the employees.
- Customized Training has greater flexibility in scheduling and it tapped on the Trainer’s experiences whose delivery is professional and engaging.
- Customized Training programs are widely used in organization’s succession planning. It provides assistance in developing short-term and long-term plans for enhancing the skillsets of employees in order to increase quality jobs, drive productivity and, consequently, for the younger generation of employees to succeed their seniors.
I had provided many training customization services to my clients that want ‘special-built’ training programs for their employees. If your organization wants to develop your own Customized Training programs, I can assist you. Please contact me (see contact below).
Customized Training programs are recurring training programs that organization runs every year for both new recruits and also for those employees earmarked for job upgrade or promotion. Below are some generic examples of Customized Development Training Programs for different category of employees that I had done for many of my clients. Click on the icons below to find out more information. You can use these examples and further customize it to cater for your organization’s specific training needs.